Serving the needs of Northeast Tennessee since 1952
Mobile Deposit Instructions
Click here to watch a tutorial and see how easy it is to use Mobile Deposit.
Get signed up today!
Mobile Deposit Requirements
1. You must be a member with an active checking account for 6 months.
2. You must not have any overdrafts within the past 6 months.
3. You must have the Mobile App as well as Home Banking.
4. Users must enroll by complete the enrollment form located on the mobile app, or in our offices.
(An active checking account is considered 6 month history with a minimum of 10 transactions monthly.)
1. Log in to your NCCU Mobile Banking app
2. Endorse the back of the check as “For mobile deposit only" and your signature
3. Select Deposits from the Menu
4. Select New Deposit
5. Select the account to receive the deposit
6. Enter the amount of the check
7. Take a photo of the front and back of the check
8. You will receive a confirmation via email that your deposit is being processed
9. Write on the front of the check “Mobile Deposit on DATE” (where date is the full date you deposited the
check by Mobile Deposit)
10. Securely store your check for 30 days after deposit
Check Image Tips:
1. Take photo against a background with a strong contrast between the check and the surrounding area
2. Position the camera above the check so there is no angle
3. Move any objects that show up in the picture away from the check
4. Make sure the check is visible, contains all four corners, is well lit and in focus
5. The check must contain a readable; check number, payee name and endorsement
6. The check must contain a readable character (numeric) amount of the check and legal amount of the
7. The check must be drawn on an institution located within the United States
Check Safekeeping, Retention and Destruction:
1. Mobile Deposit users are required to retain the original check for 30 days after the deposit has been
transmitted to the bank.
2. This provides sufficient time for research in case there is an issue with the image quality or if the
original item is required for any other reason
3. The paper check should be stored in a secure place with “Mobile Deposit, DATE (where DATE is the full
date you deposited the check by Mobile Deposit)
4. Mobile Deposit users are required to securely and irretrievably destroy the original paper check after 30
5. A cross-cut or diamond shredder will assist in complete destruction of check information.
6. Do not leave deposited checks lying around, do not put deposited checks in trash or recycle containers,
unless they have been shredded first.
1. $1,000 daily deposit limit per user or 3 checks
1. For deposits received and accepted before 2:30 pm Eastern Time on a business day that we are open, we
will consider that day to be the day of your deposit. Funds from your deposit generally will be available to
you on the first business day after the day we receive your deposit.
Your Insured Shares:
Your shares are insured up to $250,000 by the National Credit Union Share Insurance Fund (NCUSIF), an arm of the National Credit Union Association. Not one penny of insured savings has ever been lost by a member of a federally insured credit union. The NCUSIF is backed by the full faith and credit of the United States government. Your money is safe with us.
Equal Housing Opportunity Member NCUA
Rates subject to change without notice
Certain Restrictions Apply
© 2008 Northeast Community Credit Union
ABA / Routing # 264278827