Serving the needs of Northeast Tennessee since 1952
AND Bill Payment
How can Identity Theft Affect Me?
Identity theft can damage your finances, credit rating, reputation and can complicate many areas of your life.
Identity thieves might:
- drain your bank account
- make purchases with your credit cards
- open new accounts (savings/checking, cell phone, utility bills, credit cards, etc) in your name
- get identity and government documents issued with your name and their photos
- receive medical care under your insurance
- take out loans in your name
- create a false criminal record for you by using your identifying information when investigated or arrested by the police
Another growing problem is tax related identity theft. Using your social security number, an identity thief might file a false tax return and collect a refund or get a job and have earning reported as your income.
Identity theft can create havoc in your life, so it is very important to:
DETECT warning signs
CORRECT problems that arise if your identity is stolen
Lost VISA Debit Card: 1-800-472-3272, then call us at 423-547-1200
Lost VISA Credit Card: 1-800-558-3424, then call us at 423-547-1200
ABA / Routing # 264278827
Equal Housing Opportunity Member NCUA
Rates subject to change without notice
Certain Restrictions Apply
© 2008 Northeast Community Credit Union
Your Insured Shares:
Your shares are insured up to $250,000 by the National Credit Union Share Insurance Fund (NCUSIF), an arm of the National Credit Union Association.